We are not sure how inspirational this may seem to you at first, but we hope that we are saving someone’s life with this ‘painful’ yet correct article. Sometimes, we hold onto people who we should have let go of a long time ago, and this often happens in friendships. Just because we may have known someone for the majority of our lives, it does not mean that this person has envolved in the same caliber as the person you have.
The inspirational take-away from this is; cleansing your energy of this so-called best friend may set your soul free. Around here, that is the name of the game — time to set your soul free from being in hostage for so long. We are not saying that you cannot still be friends with them — after all, there is history there, but you may want to re-evaluate where you have them places on the scale of your life.
Do any of these things seem familiar to you?
- You all were to go off to college together, but she/he leaves you hanging by moving in with someone they met on the Internet.
- They are forever trying to one-up you, and can never be happy for your success.
- Because of your illness and inability to ‘hang’ like you used to, they stop calling or texting you back. Nah, not cool.
- The belittlement on the low is real. When you all go out, you’re the butt of all your ‘best friend’s’ jokes, but when you’re alone, it’s all gravy. Keep it moving. They’re likely fairweather.
- They’re mentally draining, with a one-sided friendship mentality. When you need them; your bestie disappears when they need you; you are always available.
- They went on a date with your ex. OK, so we know that’s your ex, but what about your next? What if they have an interest in who you’re dating now?
- He or she borrowed a large sum of cash from you, but refuse to pay you back. Meanwhile, they’re riding around in a new luxury car. Not cool.
- Smile in your face, but talk behind your back. The word gets back to you from several grapevines. Besties are supposed to have your back, not stab you in them.
- If you buy something, they have to buy something more significant to make it seem like what they’re doing is better. Friends are usually happy for each other!
- They’re always talking about other people jealously. This likely means they just may be talking about you too.
This article is INSPIRATION. And while it may not seem like it now, we hope that it at least motivates you.